Terms & Conditions
imechanic membership is payable monthly by credit or debit card using our secure online payment service. Autodata inclusive packages are payable annually in advance or monthly by arrangement.
We will send you a username & password by e-mail. Please allow up to 3 working days for transactions to be processed.
At the end of each period we will renew your membership from the card details you have supplied. If your card details expire before your renewal is due, we will send you an e-mail to update your card details.
To unsubscribe at any time (subject to any cancellation fees), just e-mail us your username and we will remove your details from our database, your card will not be debited and you will not be sent a reminder to renew your membership.
Membership Policy & User Guide Lines
By using imechanic you are agreeing to our terms & conditions and to abide by our user rules & policy. We only grant access to experienced & qualified mechanics to ensure that the faults & fixes posted are genuine and correct. To enable all users to benefit from our data, we expect everyone to follow our guidelines when posting any queries or fixes, so that the integrity of the information is maintained at all times.
When posting faults or fixes, please enter details in all applicable fields such as make, model, engine and fault codes. Also add photos and videos so as to help users save time in identifying where the fault lies and the proposed fix. For the benefit of all follow the principle of identifying cause & effect. ONLY POST A FIX IF IT DEFINATELY CURED THE FAULT on the vehicle you worked on and has not re-occured. The ethos of this site is not to post maybe and possible fixes, as all users are experienced mechanics and will be able to fault find themselves. Please bear in mind before posting that iMechanic is here to SAVE all users time and effort, so if your post is not a definite fix don’t post it until it is.
In order to maintain high standards, we would ask members to follow a few basic rules when posting faults on this site.
As a technician you MUST NOT promote your equipment, products or services on any part of this site.
- Please keep your technical posting relevant to the uk automotive industry & specific to fault finding.
- Please do not post messages that may be interpreted as OFFENSIVE or LIABLE towards any automotive company/manufacturer/individual or motor trade organization, national or global.
- Please remember that your professional image and source of income relies on CUSTOMERS so please treat them with respect.
- Please make sure the vehicle is or has recently been in your workshop. Then ONLY post once you have carried out all the relevant test and checks with the equipment and technical information at your disposal. Please do not pre-post about problems (i.e. The vehicle is booked in next week, have you had this problem before etc.). Once you have repaired the vehicle, then please POST the FIX at the bottom of your original message. Please do not start a fresh post about a FIX.
- Please do not share your personal contact details or information any where on this site.
- If you feel that some of the content is OFFENSIVE then please contact imechanic and we will review the content and if required we will DELETE when possible. imechanic reserve the right to remove any posts that we feel are not relevant to this site, or are of a poor technical quality and lack relevant information about the tests you have carried out prior to posting.
- Copyright of all messages posted belongs to imechanic, please do not copy, or reproduce any of the technical information without prior consent from us.
- imechanic cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information posted, the posting member is solely responsible for the content of that post and must be treated as for information purposes only.
By visiting our website or by advertising & buying goods, you are confirming that you have read and accepted all of the following terms and conditions:
- Advert(s)/Advertisements means all material displayed on the website or in emails from you. Advert also means any information provided by you to us to be used in the preparation of adverts to be displayed by us on your behalf;
- Feedback & ratings means users comments regarding other users of iMechanic.
- Subscription Fee means the sum payable every month or annually by you to us.
- Use/using includes but is not limited to visiting the website and/or agreeing to sell or buy goods and describing goods and/or conducting business as a result of your Adverts.
- User means a person, firm or company (collectively and/or individually as the context admits) that has been issued with a username and password for accessing www.imechanic.co.uk.
- Username and password means the username and password issued to you to allow you or your business to access the website.
- Website means the website located at www.imechanic.co.uk.
- We/Us/Our means imechanic Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09502485 , whose registered office is, 161 Dukes Brow Blackburn BB2 6DJ.
- You/Your/Yourself means a person using the website or receiving our emails.
- Username and Password
- If you believe there has been any breach of security including (but not limited to) the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your username or password, you agree to notify us immediately in writing by email to email@example.com or by first class post to our place of business (as set out in clause 1 above).
- Your username and password are unique to you and are issued on the express understanding that they are for the intended user only. The sharing of user names and passwords and accounts is expressly prohibited.
- You will be liable for all use of the Website made by you or anyone else using your username and password and you are solely responsible for preventing unauthorised use of your username and password.
- We may include your username and password in email that we send to you, it is therefore important that you are careful not to forward those emails onto others as this would result in that person having access to your username and password. If you believe this may have happened you agree to notify us immediately in accordance with 2.1.
- By placing an advert on the website you grant us a royalty free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, world-wide, perpetual, assignable licence to exercise any copyright, trade mark, publicity and database rights you have in relation to such advert.
- We reserve the right (which we may exercise at our sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit any advert.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your advert. You agree to comply with any rules posted on the website from time to time relating to the content and posting of adverts.
- You hereby agree not to:
- post or otherwise publish any advert that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringes the rights of third parties or which includes any other form of illegal content.
- place any advert in respect of any goods that do not belong to you or to which you do not have full legal title without the consent of the owner of those goods.
- place any advert which is in anyway false, misleading or fraudulent.
- post or otherwise publish any advert that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- By submitting an advert to the website you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against all losses, costs (including reasonable costs on a full indemnity basis), claims, demands, actions, liabilities and expenses in connection with any advert posted or published by you.
- We provide a feedback & rating facility so that users may inform others about the experiences they have had whilst communicating with or conducting business with other imechanic users.
- You must not take any actions that may undermine the integrity of the feedback & rating system. Feedback & ratings posted on the website by users is solely the opinion and responsibility of the person posting that message. We are not responsible for feedback & ratings left by users.
- You are responsible for any feedback & ratings that you leave about others. You must not post any feedback or ratings that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringes the rights of third parties or which includes any other form of illegal content.
- Sale and purchase of goods through website
- The website is a service for mechanics & for displaying adverts and acts only as a means by which buyers and sellers can be introduced. Any arrangements made between you and any third parties named on the website are at your sole risk and responsibility.
- You hereby accept that we have no liability in respect of any goods or services advertised on the website or which we send to you by email. We accept no responsibility for any error or inaccuracy in any advert. You hereby accept that it is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the quality and nature of any goods to be purchased by you.
- You hereby accept that we have no liability in respect of payment for goods advertised on the website or which we send to you by email. It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the validity of any payment for goods sold by you.
- For the avoidance of doubt you hereby accept that we will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business of goodwill) howsoever arising out of any advert placed or arising out of any goods sold advertised for sale on the website or contained in emails sent.
- You agree to observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods advertised on the website. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods advertised on the website or in any emails.
- Subscription Fees
- Subscription fees are normally collected on a monthly basis by direct debit.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your right to access and to use the website at any time if we are unable to collect a payment by direct debit or if your imechanic account falls into arrears.
- If you wish to cancel your subscription to imechanic you must give at least one months notice in writing to us at our place of business or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you pay your subscription fees to us by standing order and wish to cancel your subscription then please note that it is your sole responsibility to contact your bank to cancel the standing order. Standing orders can only be cancelled by the account holder of the paying bank account and therefore it is beyond our control to cancel your standing order and we are not normally able to offer refunds if you omit to do so.
- Use of information relating to other users
- You hereby agree only to contact other users regarding the sale and purchase of items advertised on the website and not to use contact details of other users for any other purpose. Misuse of the website will result in a breach of these terms and conditions and may result in termination of membership.
- You hereby agree not to disclose any contact details or advert details of any user to any third party who is not a user.
- You hereby agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against all losses, costs (including reasonable costs on a full indemnity basis), claims, demands, actions, liabilities and expenses in connection with any breach of this paragraph 7.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your right to access and use of the website at any time. We also reserve the right to cease your adverts at any time. Such rights may be exercised without notice.
- If you wish to cancel your subscription to imechanic you must give at least one months notice in writing to us at our place of business or by email to email@example.com.
- Limitation of liability and disclaimer
- We give no warranties in respect of the website or any goods advertised thereon, or any e-mails . The website is provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis and although we make every effort we do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the website or the goods advertised thereon. All implied warranties are excluded by these terms and conditions to the fullest extent that they may be excluded by law.
- We make no warranty that the website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties.
- We will not be liable for any damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from your use or inability to use the website or any content or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using the website.
- Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information on this website, neither we, nor any of our employees, suppliers, make any warranty, expressed or implied, or assume any legal liability (to the fullest extent permitted by law) or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on the website.
- The website contains material and advertising submitted by third parties to us. Such third parties are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the website is subject to these terms and conditions. We do not accept liability in respect of any adverts or material submitted by third parties.
- Every effort is made to ensure that this website is accessed and used only by professional mechanics of the motor trade. We strongly advise that you consult the party with whom you are intending to transact to verify their trade status and to obtain the full particulars of any goods advertised for sale and how payment for any goods is to be made.
- We reserve the right to revise the website or withdraw access to part or all of it at any time.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- From time to time we may change these terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to refer to our terms and conditions on a regular basis. By accessing the website you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions as varied or amended from time to time.
- Database theft
- Our database is protected by law. The establishment of our database has involved, and its maintenance and development continues to involve, extensive work, including the collection of raw data, the design of the database, the selection and verification of data for inclusion in the database and the insertion and arrangement of selected data in the database. The cost of establishing the database and of continuing to obtain, verify and present its contents is considerable.
- No permission to copy, reproduce, modify or download the website (or any part of it) is given.
- We put you on notice that we will instruct our Solicitors to bring an action against you for any unauthorised use of the data on this website. Such unauthorised use includes, but is not limited to, the copying of the content, the extraction and/or re-utilisation of the whole or of a part, of the contents of the database and utilising the same whether acting by yourself, your servants, agents, associated companies, or otherwise howsoever and (to the extent permitted by law) in another website or similar portal that serves the motor trade.
- External links and banner advertisements
- Where this website is hypertext linked to any website operated by any third party, we accept no responsibility or liability arising in respect of any content on such website. When You access any other website from the website you understand that it is independent from the website and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. The inclusion of a hypertext link on the website to any other website does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods, services available on or through any other website or resource.
- Third party banner advertisements, pop-up advertisements and other virtual advertising may be experienced whilst browsing the website. Such third party advertisements may not have been approved by us and may appear on the website without our knowledge or consent, and we accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the content or display of any such third party advertisements.
- We do not permit any links to be made to the website without our written permission.
- Trademarks and copyright
- The word or mark “iMechanic” however represented, including stylised representations, all associated logos and symbols, and combinations of any of the foregoing with another word or mark, used on the website, are the trade marks of imechanic Limited or one of its associated companies.
- The trade marks, domain name www.imechanic.co.uk and copyright in the website and its materials, including the database are the property of imechanic Limited unless otherwise stated.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude or limit our liability) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- Except for our directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce these terms and conditions but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
- Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- You may contact us in the case of queries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Our place of business.